Key investment highlights
- Diversified (non-manufacturing) business in the automotive sector with a leading position in South Africa, a selected international presence primarily in the United Kingdom (UK) and Australia, as well as a limited presence in South East Asia and Southern and East Africa.
- Fully integrated business model across the vehicle value chain: Import and Distribution, Retail and Rental, Financial Services and Aftermarket Parts.
- Unrivalled scale in South Africa underpins a differentiated value proposition to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), suppliers, customers and business partners, providing multiple customer touch points supporting resilience and customer loyalty through the entire vehicle ownership cycle.
- High free cash flow generation underpinned by annuity income streams in our Financial Services business.
- Income streams not directly dependent on new vehicle sales: Parts and services in the dealerships, the Aftermarket Parts business selling parts and accessories and the Financial Services business selling value-added products and services to customers other than new vehicle buyers.
- Defined organic growth trajectory through portfolio optimisation, continuous operational enhancements and innovation, with a selective acquisition growth strategy in and outside South Africa leveraging best-in-class expertise.
- Highly experienced management team, with deep industry knowledge of regional and global markets and a proven track record with years of collective experience, with an independent and diversified board.